THE 2015 WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL’S CONFERENCE
The Healthcare Professional’s Conference 2015 Review
- On May 5th, 2015 we once again had a full house with over 180 area Nurses, Social Workers, Nursing home and personal care home administrators gathered with other senior service providers and caregivers. There were high reviews for the valuable information that was presented throughout the day.
- Bill McKendree, the Director of APPRISE, returned to provide his “2015 Medicare Update”. He is known for making this difficult information interesting and entertaining for our attendees!
- Karen Timko, CELA with Julian Gray Associates presented information on how to keep people at home by discussing the options for the Pennsylvania Waiver Programs.
- Julian Gray, CELA hosted the day and also provided helpful tips on work-ing with the Department of Human Services.
2015 League of Community Leaders Award Recipient
Todd DePastino Veterans Breakfast Club
The “LOCL” (League of Community Leaders) Award was presented to Todd DePastino for his outstanding work with area Veterans by providing them with an opportunity to gather and tell their stories at the Veterans Breakfast Club.
The award was provided by the M.A.S.H, organization and presented by Kerry Beck and Shandra Harcarik. Julian Gray Associates presented Todd with a donation of $500 to go towards the Veterans Breakfast Club.
- Ms. Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, AOTA entertained and informed as our afternoon speaker presenting “ Creating a New Dementia Care Culture” and “Reframing Challenging Behaviors”. Her animated program was engaging and enlightening as she provided tools to help better care for those suffering from dementia.