Elderlaw News August 2013
- Have You Planned for State Estate and Inheritance Taxes?
- Was James Gandolfini’s Will a Mistake?
- Estate Planning in the Age of Stepfamilies
- Should You Buy Long-Term Care Insurance with a Long Elimination Period?
- Should You Give Your House To Your Kids To Avoid Inheritance Tax?
Welcome to our E-Newsletter
ElderLaw News is a monthly e-newsletter that brings you reports of legal developments and other trends of vital interest to seniors and their advocates. This newsletter is brought to you by Julian Gray Associates.
Although most people’s estates aren’t large enough to be affected by the federal estate tax, residents in many states ha…
At least one commentator has characterized James Gandolfini’s will as a tax “disaster.” But is it?
A recent trust case from North Dakota highlights the importance of taking current and potential step-relationships into…
Most people are deterred from buying long-term care insurance due to the high cost of the premiums (and the hope that th…