Matthew T. Kikta CELA
Matt grew up in Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Duquesne University with a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations. Matt played football for the Dukes while earning his undergraduate degree. Matt also received his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University and worked as a teaching assistant for the Legal Research & Writing program.
Matt is a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA), the certification specialty awarded by the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF) as authorized by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. He assists clients in all phases of the long term care planning process. This includes Medicaid eligibility, Veterans benefits planning and traditional estate planning, all with an emphasis on issues specific to aging clients, as well as clients with disabilities. Additionally, Matthew assists families planning for children with special needs, including transitioning to adulthood as well as planning for litigation proceeds of injury victims who require important government benefits such as SSI and Medicaid.
Matthew resides in Upper St. Clair, PA. In his spare time he enjoys playing the guitar and weightlifting. Matthew also enjoys watching and playing sports and spending time with his family and friends.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- Pennsylvania, 2013
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: Appointed as a teaching assistant for the Legal Research and Writing Program
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 2010
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Athletic Honor Roll
- Major: International Relations
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch”, 2021 - 2022