Karen S. Timko
- Associate Attorney
Karen grew up in Youngstown, Ohio. She attended Youngstown State University where she received her Bachelor's degree in Psychology and Nursing. Karen then received a certificate in Nurse Anesthesia from the St. Elizabeth Hospital School for Nurse Anesthetists and practiced as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist. She received her juris doctor from the Ohio State University.
Karen has focused her practice on Elder Law for seventeen years. Karen has been certified as an Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation as authorized by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania since 2011. She concentrates her practice in the areas of elder law including asset preservation planning; Medicaid qualification; Veterans pension benefits planning; special needs planning for people with disabilities; trust and estate planning; guardianship; and trust and estate administration. She is a VA accredited attorney for the preparation, presentation and prosecution of claims for Veterans benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs. Ms. Timko is a member of the Allegheny County Elder Law Committee; the Elder Law and Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Sections of the Pennsylvania Bar Association; and the Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. She frequently speaks to attorney and community groups on the topics of elder law and estate planning. Ms. Timko has been recognized as an Elder Law Attorney in the Best Lawyers in America for 2018-2020.
Karen and her husband Jeff Tindall reside in Mt. Lebanon and have two grown children. Karen serves on the Board of Directors of Baptist Homes Society. She is an avid tennis and platform tennis player.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- Youngstown State University, Youngstown, Ohio
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Psychology and Nursing
- Continuing Legal Education, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Continuing Legal Education, West Virginia State Bar
- Continuing Education for Nurses and Social Workers
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys , PA Chapter Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Elder Law Section Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association Member