Jennifer grew up in Point Pleasant, West Virginia and received her Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, in Psychology from Bethany College. The daughter of a registered nurse, some of her earliest memories are making home health visits with her mother on the county roads of West Virginia and evenings around the piano singing with her grandmother and great-grandmother.
During her time as an undergrad, Jennifer studied abroad in London, England, served as secretary of her college class and was president of the school's music society. Following college, Jennifer began her professional career in a non-profit, skilled nursing facility in Pittsburgh. This experience led her to the University of Pittsburgh School of Law where she participated in the school's Elder Law and Health Law clinics. Through her clinical work, she provided free legal services to indigent clients in the Pittsburgh community and further solidified her interest in elder and special needs planning as an ideal blend of law and counseling.
Jennifer is a seasoned Certified Elder Law Attorney having been certified in 2012 and recertified in 2017. She assists clients in all aspects of asset preservation as it relates to long-term care expenses including pre-planning, Medicaid application process and VA Benefits planning. Jennifer also specializes in Special Needs Planning including estate planning and public benefit planning for individuals with special needs, for parents of children with special needs, and coordination with personal injury attorneys to maximize law suit proceeds for injured plaintiffs with disabilities. In addition to elder and special needs planning, Jennifer assists clients with general estate and trust planning, estate administration and trust reformation issues.
Jennifer is a frequent lecturer for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute where she educates other attorneys on elder and special needs planning topics. She also speaks regularly to health care professionals and the general public on various related topics.
Jennifer and her husband reside in Lawrenceville with their two children. She is very active with the Parkinson Foundation of Western Pennsylvania and in her spare time she enjoys time with her family, international travel, music and design. In a past life she sang soprano with the Pittsburgh Concert Chorale and more recently with the Pittsburgh Bach Choir.
Areas Of Practice
- Elder Law
- Special Needs Planning
- Medicare and Medicaid Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Living Wills
- Powers of Attorney and Appointment
- Health and Health Care Law
- Veterans Benefits Planning
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- Department of Veterans Affairs Accredited Attorney
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2005
- Bethany College, Bethany, West Virginia
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List All Semesters
- Major: Psychology
- Regent's College, London
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2019 - 2022
- Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2011 - 2015
- Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Parkinson Foundation Western Pennsylvania, Vice President