- of Counsel
Cindy, a resident of Collier Township, PA, graduated from Indiana University Bloomington with a degree in business economics and a minor in finance. She received her Juris Doctor degree from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis, Indiana where she was inducted in to the Order of the Barristers and was a member of the American Inns of Court. She also participated in the Civil Law Clinic and worked with the Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic. She has been an active advocate for seniors through participation in the Village to Village peer network and has volunteered with Christian Legal Aid.
Cindy grew up in South Bend Indiana. Upon graduation from IU Bloomington, Cindy began a highly decorated NCAA DI Volleyball Coaching career. After she retired from coaching, Cindy returned to Indiana to help care for her elderly parents and enrolled in law school. Acting as a caregiver while concurrently raising a family and attending school full time solidified her initial interest in working in the field of Elder Law. After her parents passed, she chose to return to Pittsburgh to establish her practice and be near extended family.
Cindy is a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA), the certification specialty awarded by the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF) as authorized by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. She is a VA accredited attorney for veteran benefit claims before the Department of Veterans Affairs and is a frequent presenter on various elder law topics. Cindy assists clients with basic Estate Planning, Asset preservation, Medicaid qualification, Veteran Benefits, Health Care placement and Special Needs planning for people with disabilities.
Cindy and her husband, Russell Boehm, have two children and reside in Collier Township.
Certified Legal Specialties
Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
Areas Of Practice
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Living Wills
- Powers of Attorney and Appointment
- Medicare and Medicaid Planning
- Personal Injury Settlement Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Veterans Benefits Planning
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Honors: Dean's List
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1983
- Major: Business Economics
- Minor: Finance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, PA Chapter Board Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Women in the Profession Commission
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Elder Law Committee
- Women in Sports and Events (WISE), Board Member and Past President