Email MeJennifer Rose CELA
Jennifer grew up in Point Pleasant, West Virginia. She graduated magna cum laude from Bethany College in Wheeling, West Virginia with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. During her time as an undergrad, Jennifer studied abroad in London, England, served as secretary of her college class and was president of the school's music society. She went on to work in the activities department of a non-profit skilled nursing facility and subsequently earned a Juris Doctorate degree from The University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
During law school, Jennifer participated in the school's Elder Law and Health Law Clinics where her interest in Elder and Special Needs Law blossomed. She also clerked for the Honorable Donald Machen of the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas and the United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Jennifer is an associate attorney with Julian Gray Associates where she assists clients in all aspects of asset preservation as it relates to long-term care expenses including pre-planning, the Medicaid application process and VA Benefits planning. Jennifer also specializes in Special Needs Planning including estate planning for parents of children with special needs to coordination with personal injury attorneys to maximize law suit proceeds for plaintiffs with special needs.
Jennifer is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association where she sits on the Young Lawyer Division Member Services Committee and the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Elder Law Section. Jennifer acts as a consultant to the Pennsylvania Medicaid Policy Center where she assists with the development of fact sheets for the general public explaining Medical Assistance Benefits for older Pennsylvanians.
In her spare time, Jennifer sings with the Bach Choir of Pittsburgh and is active with the Pittsburgh Sports League. She resides in Lawrenceville.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law
- Special Needs Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Living Wills
- Powers of Attorney and Appointment
- Health and Health Care Law
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Social Security - Disability
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2005
- Bethany College, Bethany, West Virginia
- B.A. magna cum laude - 2001
- Honors: Dean's List All Semesters
- Major: Psychology
- Regent's College, London, England - 2000
- Medical Assistance Requirements for Seniors in Skilled Nursing Homes, PA Medicaid Policy Center, December, 2007 (Updated for 2010)
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2011 - 2012
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2013 - 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Young Lawyer Division